The Transport Planning Supervisor will lead a team of planners, ensuring that customer service levels are adhered to. The Transport Planning Supervisor will be held accountable for ensuring cost effective routes and KPI's.
A well known Transport Operation.
The role of the Transport Planning Supervisor:
- Vehicle and Trailer planning in the most cost effective manor.
- Liaising directly with customers, making sure orders are made safely and on time and making sure potential problems are identified and eliminated.
- Communicating daily work activities with team members and drivers.
- To work in a flexible department ensuring high levels of service are achieved.
- Ensure the team focuses on the necessary KPI's.
- Evaluating the benefits and costs of different strategies.
- Ensure the safe delivery of products and the administration of paperwork to a high quality standard.
The successful candidate will have:
- Senior planning/routing or planning management experience
- Experience of managing a variety of vehicles (desirable)
- Excellent geographical knowledge of the UK
- Be able to effectively manage service levels
- Be able to negotiate rates with external 3PL providers
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 (DoE)
Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm (1 in 3 Saturday mornings)