Armstrong Knight are very pleased to be working with a forward thinking and progressive Transport and logistics company . They have an expanding network of UK sites with employees and sites across the UK and they are now looking for an experienced Transport Planner to join their team.
Reporting to the Transport Planner Team Leader, the role, which is critical to the success of the transport department.
The purpose of the role is to manage the daily vehicle collections based on insurance company instructions through a combination of company owned trucks and sub-contractors. The planner would look to maximise collection capacity by effectively utilising the fleet of transporters and topping up routes where applicable.
What will this role involve?
- To be responsible for routing collections for their own designated area incorporating deliveries and returns where possible and preferable to do so.
- To understand the importance of how this role is closely associated with the Driver bonus scheme
- To fully understand and be familiar with all Driver processes, procedures and legislative requirements including the working time directive
- To communicate thoroughly with the Drivers regarding their collections, returns and deliveries
- To manage sub-contractor selection and activity including timely notification to the sub-contractor of required collections and deliveries. The planner would ensure that collections are carried out within the terms of the agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- To understand all aspects of the planning department including specialist and small lorry collection processes in order to provide cover for this department as and when required.
- Carry out other transport specific duties as directed by the Transport Planner Team Leader.
- Understanding the process of routing work through the Driver’s hand-held devices
Working in a fast-paced transport office, the suitable candidates must be able to understand the vehicle collection process from instruction to delivery to yard, and work within a clearly defined set of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
The successful applicant should also have knowledge of road transport and UK geography, understand driving issues (including Driver tacho hours), have good communication skills, be self-motivated, organised, resilient, flexible, be detail orientated and be able to use their initiative.
The successful candidate should demonstrate a willingness to review and suggest improvements to the Driver and vehicle routing application's.
A comprehensive induction programme including training on the role will be provided.
If you believe you are suited to this role then please contact one of the team at Armstrong Knight.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'