ARCADIS is a global design and consultancy company active in over 70 countries from over 300 offices. The combination of design and consultancy and the unique at scale collection of professional technical skills provides the capability to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes for clients worldwide. We regularly gain recognition from industry partners across the regions in which we work and in 2017 Arcadis was ranked 5th in the NCE 100 Companies of the Year. As part of a leading global firm, our people get to work on the world’s most high-profile, challenging and transformative projects. Across disciplines and geographies, our people are able to share, grow, explore and benefit from our collective experience. At work, in our communities, and around the world, our people seek to improve quality of life. Every employee is a vital and meaningful part of our vision. We attract and reward employees who share our commitment.
We are currently looking for a passionate and dynamic Transport Planner to join our Development Planning team in London or Croydon. Our teams have an excellent reputation for Development Planning and Public Realm and an established track record of successfully delivering a wide variety of projects to both local and national clients.
Our Development teams work with private and public sector clients, architects, planners and other property professionals throughout the project life cycle; providing services from site feasibility through to completion. We also support other ARCADIS business lines where their projects have a transport interface. Among the varied
The London team has a wide-ranging capability: from site feasibility and masterplanning, through to planning and then detailed design. The multi-disciplinary nature of the business also means that we are able to build project teams from disciplines wider than transportation to offer clients a true ‘one stop shop’.
We seek enthusiastic and motivated individuals who have had 3 to 5 years’ experience, are engaged in or ready to work toward professional qualification and wish to challenge themselves to take on promotion and a senior role within the next few years.
Successful candidates will have a rounded skill set in development-related transport assessment, with some wider experience in policy implementation, modelling and technical design. We would also expect excellent written and oral communication skills which we would continue to develop.
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package. This exciting opportunity provides the right candidate with a platform from which they can take on responsibility, help develop the business and grow with the team, supported by our senior employees and management team to help strengthen your skills and experience and continuing professional development.
Appropriate academic and professional qualifications (Degree qualified in a relevant discipline). Applicants should have a first degree in civil engineering or in a quantitative subject such as geography, mathematics, economics, engineering and urban planning.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- Be a positive and enthusiastic team player;
- Have a broad understanding of transport assessments methodologies;
- Experience of producing high quality Transport Assessments and supporting documentation including Travel Plans, Delivery and Servicing Plans and Construction Logistics Plans;
- Experience / knowledge of the transport modelling software packages PICADY, ARCADY, LinSIG, TRANSYT.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences at client team meetings and public consultations.
- A post-graduate qualification in a transport related subject
- Experience in project/commercial management
- Knowledge and experience of AutoCAD and GIS
- Understanding of core highway design principles.
To support the delivery of projects, your activities may include:
- Supporting Project Managers in delivering projects for both the public and private sectors, including undertaking analysis and assessment to support planning applications
- Preparing technical reports under supervision
- Designing and analysing surveys to obtain data for a wide range of travel activities
- Assisting senior team members and providing guidance to graduates and apprentices
- Provide professional advice to internal and external clients as required
- Work with other technical disciplines
- Attending sites when required to carry out, manage or assist with surveys, liaise with clients/contractors and monitor works as required
- Ensuring tasks are carried out within agreed timescales and budgets
- Keeping up-to-date with current methods and the latest research in transport planning; and
- Ensure that due attention is paid to all aspects of the Project Management System (PMS) in accordance with the Practice’s procedures.
These are in addition to working towards professional qualifications and undertaking training
At Arcadis, we trust our teams to create their own work-life balance. It means we always welcome people who want or need a flexible career. We’re proud of the diverse ways of working that thrive in our community as a result.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'