Excellent Opportunity - Transport Planner
Your new company
Well established national transport company delivering goods across UK & Ireland
Your new role
You will join a great team in a nice working environment to become Senior Planner. You will plan the customers collections and deliveries in the most cost effective / efficient manner whilst maximising vehicle utilisation to meet the companies and customers' requirements in a managed and safe environment.
The successful candidate will also:
- Maximise Vehicle Utilisation
- Plan routes to meet customer KPI and maintain driver's hour's legislation Issue drivers with clear instructions
- Ensure all drivers brief and de-brief completed daily Maintain live Traffic Management System React to changing situations to accommodate additional business and maximise service performance and reduce delays.
- Monitor Vehicle movements Create solutions for customer's needs and requirements
- Manage Customer queries and issues and keep informed & updated of all changes
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will be or have:
- Self-motivated with strong problem solving skills with the ability to perform in a dynamic & pressurised environment.
- Previous experience in a similar role within the NI Logistics industry
- Must be a Positive & Customer focused individual Understanding of added value and managing the change process
- Good geographical knowledge of UK & Ireland
- Strong communication skills
- Efficient IT skills to include Excel
- Flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work within a shift pattern
- Ability to work as part of a team
What you'll get in return
You will be joining a truly excellent firm and will receive a very competitive salary along with real progression prospects and relevant associated benefits. This is truly a unique opportunity within the NI Transport industry in which you will enjoy the perfect balance of a fast - paced environment, working with prestigious clients and developing your career.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job