Our client is an Automotive Logistics company looking to recruit a transport planner for our clients expanding team in Corby.
ROLE FOR A TRANSPORT PLANNER
- Planning vehicle routes using a mixture of own and subbed vehicles.
- Daily liaison with operational staff across the business.
- Dealing with customer bookings and queries and managing delivery dates and times.
- Dealing with driver issues and queries.
- Delivering the key safe working practises identified by the business.
- Ensuring all legislative updates are implemented & reviewed
SKILLS NEEDED FOR A TRANSPORT PLANNER
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with the ability to motivate and influence an out-based driver workforce
- Problem solver with a proactive attitude and driven to deliver to high standards
- Looking to develop/continue career in a transport industry
- Good analytical skills and very system orientated
- Able to work under pressure and balance conflicting demands on available resources.
- Strong team player with ability to work on their own initiative
- Experience in a transport industry is an advantage but not essential
Shift will be Monday to Friday 08.30 to 17.00. Full training will be provided.
If you feel you have the right attributes to be a successful Transport Planner, please contact Alina or Marie on or send your CV to
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job