A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Transport Planner to join a global leader during an exciting period of growth.
Global FMCG distribution business based in West Yorkshire requires a Transport Planner to join them during an exciting period of growth.
As Transport Planner your responsibilities will include:
- Effective management and planning of drivers, through on-going communication and using transport planning software.
- Controlling and planning an agreed amount of resource ensuring all legal requirements are adhered to (Working Time Directive and EU drivers hours regulations).
- To ensure the daily plan is completed in real time managing resources effectively; maximising utilisation whilst minimising cost.
- Ensure that our internal tracking systems are kept organised and updated to an exceptional standard.
- Make regular use of in-house planning tools and systems to manage workload and monitor efficiency.
The Successful Transport Planner:
- Must have prior experience of working on a busy planning desk
- Proficient in the use of a variety of Transport systems and telematics
- Have sound knowledge regarding Working Time Directive and driver hours
- Be able to work independently and take accountability for improving revenue and reducing empty running
The successful candidate will be offered a salary of up to £29,000 and must be able to work a 24 hour shift pattern (days, lates and nights).