A great opportunity has arisen for a Transport Planner to join a market leading, established and growing logistics provider based in Essex.
The Company are looking for a Transport Planner, to specifically look after the Full Load Forwarding from the UK and into mainland Europe.
This role is working to a Monday to Friday.
As Transport Planner you will become a key member of the planning team based on site in Purfleet. Devising cost effective, multi-drop deliveries for a fleet of Class 1 and Class 2 vehicles, including backhauling across Europe.
This is a dynamic, fast paced role where you will need to adjust plans to accommodate last minute changes in orders from clients. This role is everything in planning, from load fills, vehicle earnings to getting the vehicle from A to B; this is not just a scheduling role.
• Managing the day to day export and import bookings of European road freight shipments.
• Raising job files and all of the appropriate paperwork.
• Processing the jobs utilising the freight software system.
• Extensive client liaison both written (email) and verbal (telephone).
• Extensive supplier liaison and negotiation.
• Utilize round trip trailers that are available within the contract but also contacting one way hauliers and negotiating rates.
To be considered you must have a minimum of 2 years' transport planning experience, ideally gained within a fast paced, logistics provider.
• Previous export planning essential
• Excellent eye for detail
• Team player
• Able to work to deadlines
• Ability to work under pressure
• Planning across mainland Europe experience is advantageous.
Package and Prospects
On offer is a salary of up to £27,000 and additional benefits. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with a successful and expanding logistics service provider.
Location – Commutable from:
Essex, Grays, Thurrock, Purfleet, Dartford, Dagenham, Ockendon, Ockendon, Tilbury, Rainham.