Transport Planner required to work for a well-established courier service based in Derby. Due to the on-going success my client is looking for an enthusiastic Transport Planner to join the team. This role will suit a candidate with experience in Sameday / Courier roles, who has previously worked with a fleet of vehicles ranging from small vans to artics.
As an experienced Transport Planner you will be required to work in a high pressure Transport environment with the requirement to work weekends and nightshifts on occasions. You will work alongside sub-contractors dealing with any Transport issues that arise.
Transport Planner Position Overview
- Communicating with and ensuring routes are planned for the drivers
- Route planning of the vehicles
- Monitor and circulate updates on tyre checks
- Managing the drivers and resolving issues
- Reply to incoming customer communication
- Follow up on any outstanding actions
Transport Planner position requirements
- Previous experience in a Transport Planner role
- Track record of working to tight deadlines
- Good man management skills
- Strong influencing and persuasion skills
- Organised and a methodical approach
- Understand the planning of a fleet and when to use subcontractors
- Ability to deal with fast-paced environments
Transport Planner position remuneration
- Salary - £26K - £28K + Bonus
- Monday - Friday 08:00 until 18:00 + On Call
- 20 days + bank holidays
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy