Role: Senior Transport Planner
Salary: Up to £33,000 + Benefits + Career Progression!!
Our client, a leading Food Manufacturing business who are expanding their operation are now looking for a dynamic Transport Planner to join their fast paced team.
- Oversee transport problems, using the companies planning system
- Operates Route Planning & Optimisation System.
- Supports depots with amendments to routes.
- Writing reports, collating advance Excel reports to analyse cost and service
- Working closely with the Transport Planning Manager to manage end to end process of all transport planning and to ensure business and customers’ needs are maintained.
- Build strong relationship with internal departments, customers and clients to ensure all products are despatched on time and correct.
- Using systems to create deliveries, stock and batches allocation, so they can check that all details are correct and ready for dispatched.
- Working effectively with internal Customer Care, Quality Control and Production departments.
- Plan deliveries and book transport to ensuring deliveries are dispatch within the allocated time frames.
Skills and Experiences
- Experience within a similar Transport Planning role.
- A background dealing and communicating with customers and clients directly
- Effective communication with internal departments.
- Excellent Microsoft office skills, especially within Excel and experience using various planning systems (Paragon, GTS, DSP etc)
- A focus and passion to delivery high customer service, with ability to problem solve and work under pressure.
Up to £33,000 + Benefits + Career Progression!!
- Route Planning
- Transport Planner