Transport Planner Required. My client is a well-established logistics provider. Due to the on-going success and growth of the business my client requires an experienced transport controller to join the team in the West Drayton Area.
The role will involve the efficient planning of transport resource whilst providing first class customer service. The successful applicant must have outstanding attention to detail with excellent coordination and communication skills. Experience in a similar role is a high advantage.
Transport Planner - Position Overview
- Effective planning and utilisation of drivers
- Organising agencies and sub-contractors where necessary
- Load planning and routing for a large fleet of vehicles
- Dealing with queries by telephone, fax and email from our customer.
- Reporting problems and dealing with any issues/queries that may arise.
- Ensuring paperwork is actioned and completed promptly
Transport Planner - Position Requirements
- Previous transport experience in a busy and demanding environment
- Be able to work effectively in a close team
- Can demonstrate problem solving, analytical and organizational skills?
- Comfortable to make decisions under pressure
- An effective time manager
- Be able to communicate well at all levels within the business.
- Be highly motivated
- PC Literate in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be flexible in approach to work and shift patterns and adaptable to meet business demands
Transport Planner - Position Remuneration
- Salary £20,000 - £26,000 (Dependent on Experience)
- Monday - Friday
- 30 days' holiday, including bank
- Parking on site
- Also other company benefits to be discussed at interview
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job