Transport Planner required for our expanding distribution client based in Stourbridge Area. We are looking for experienced Transport Planner on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Transport Manager, you will ensure freight is moved in the most efficient way around the country’s road network. To ensure customer requirements are captured correctly and planned utilising the resource available. To escalate any constraint issues that may impact customer service and/or excessive operational costs. To monitor customer deliveries and collections daily ensuring any issues are captured at its earliest point. To be proactive and make back up plans to cover changes in circumstances. To have a flexible approach to other duties that may be required to support customer requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- To plan deliveries and collections in the most effective way therefore reducing lost time, improved fuel and vehicle usage and better managed driver’s hours.
- To coordinate drivers and their activities through selecting appropriate routes, planning efficient delivery patterns and briefing drivers on safe delivery practice.
- To liaise with customers and respond to their enquiries proactively and timely.
- To work closely with drivers and Warehouse staff in relation to loading requirements and the Transport plan.
- To manage sub-contractors, minimizing the use and the associated costs.
- To execute logistics plan to move products and goods to reach destinations on schedule.
- To support the Transport Manager in all aspects of the day to day running of Transport and to provide input and ideas to improve customer service and reduce operational costs.
- To support the Customer Service Manager in ensuring all delivery failures are captured, reviewed and the implementation of preventative actions.
- To have a positive attitude towards Health and Safety (H&S) consistent with Company H&S Policy and current H&S legislation.
- Minimum 3 years previous experience within a Transport Planning role.
- Experience of planning software (Ideally Sterling) would be advantagous.
- Excellent IT skills including Excel
- Good customer service and organisation skills.
Working Hours: 8.30am - 6.00pm Monday to Friday - Start time can be flexible if needed
Salary guide: c£26k+ per annum.
- Road Transport
- Transport Systems
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job