Job Title: Transport Planner
Salary: £30,000 - £32,000 per annum
Calling all experienced Transport Planners! Beat the Christmas blues by beginning the New Year with an exciting and challenging new role!
Are you an experienced Transport Planner who is looking for a healthy work/life balance on a 4 on/4 off shift pattern? Do you prefer to manually plan routes with little help from computer systems? I am looking for the perfect candidate to present to my client, an international Transport and Logistics organisation.
I am looking for a professional and friendly Transport/Route Planner who has extensive experience in route and logistic planning and is interested in earning a fantastic basic salary whilst progressing in their career!
To be my star candidate you will have experience in manually planning driver`s routes, preferably with overseas experience, and working closely with contractors to schedule bookings and ensure maximum communication at all times. You will work a shift pattern of 8am - 8pm on a 4 on/4 off basis.
- Set up traffic pad in line with Drivers rota ensuring accurate allocation of driver to vehicle.
- Book agency drivers to ensure all Company vehicles are fully utilised above sub-contractors.
- Plan a collection schedule to maximise load fill whilst considering supplier location and timings.
- Build pallets into loads to maximise trailer load fill.
- Build an efficient traffic plan in the system to cover all loads, maximising the use of company owned vehicles, whilst keeping empty running to a minimum.
- Utilise back load subcontracts where and when required.
- Request required bookings for subsidiary division deliveries as per traffic plan.
- Using the in house systems build the tracking screen in line with the traffic plan.
- Produce overnight loading sheet for Warehouse and communicate effectively.
- Communicate the plan to Drivers, either by phone or online text.
- Ensure all subcontractor rates are correctly entered into the system and confirmation sent to subcontractors confirming load and rate.
- Set up auto tracking for following day.
- Ensure company compliance of all transport policies, legislation and procedures at all times, including ensuring equipment is planned for service at the correct time and work allocated in consistent with the Working Time Directive and driving hours regulations.
- Effective dispatch of Drivers, making sure they are provided with appropriate job instructions, paperwork and necessary resources to carry out their tasks.
- Ensure all necessary paperwork for owner-drivers ad subcontractors, including current O licence, goods in transit insurance and motor/trailer cover us current and held on file.
- Legal and technical knowledge of LGV operations
- Experience manually planning routes and loads
- Outstanding geographical knowledge
- Demonstrate ability to ensure business critical routines are met without fail.
- Is a team player
- Is good at building Customer relationships and focused on providing an excellent Customer service
- H&S awareness
- Able to prioritise in line with Company objectives.
- Able to influence drivers within the operation to achieve business needs
- Lead by example and show commitment to legal, customer, business compliance.
- Able to work in a methodical way and prioritise work loads
- IT literate in programmes relevant to the operation
If you don`t want to miss your chance to apply for this opportunity, get in touch with Emily in Head Office for more details!
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search?
Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company.