Following expansion across the business they are now looking for a motivated and hardworking individual to work alongside the Transport Manager to organise the routing and scheduling of up to 30 HGV Drivers. The ideal candidate will have prior experience of working within a busy transport office and will have at least 1 year's experience as a Transport Planner.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Managing and monitoring the day to day activities of drivers
- Ensuring effective route management to make sure all deliveries are made on time
- Keeping a high level of compliance and ensuring all drivers are aware of, and adhere to WTD and Driver's Hours Legislation
- Ensuring that all vehicles are maintained to a high standard and keeping up to date with vehicle checks
- Dealing with driver absence
- Being the first point of contact for drivers and dealing with any issues
- Administration duties
Standard working hours are Monday - Friday, often 12 hour shifts but the company will require you to be flexible with your working hours. In return you will receive a competitive annual salary & 25 days holiday + other company benefits.
Interested? Apply online today