TRANSPORT PLANNER - 2pm - 10pm Shift
£20,000 - £25,000 - Immediate Start Available, Temporary Contract
Previous Transport Planning experience an advantage not necessary
We are recruiting for a TRANSPORT PLANNER to join a busy and fast paced International Freight Traffic & Transport environment, Planning & Routing UK Transport movement, from local collections and deliveries to nationwide trunking.
Hours of work Monday to Friday 2.00 -10.00pm though needs to be flexible, commencing on a Temporary basis, (minimum of 3 month) possibly leading to a Permanent position for the right candidate.
The TRANSPORT PLANNER role will be responsible for handling day to day Transport operations;
- Liaising with Drivers, Warehouse personnel and Customers
- Arranging collections and deliveries
- Routing vehicles & planning trailer loads
- Making bookings with 3rd party Transport providers,
- Updating the in-house Transport system,
- Pre-advising of deliveries and rescheduling missed deliveries,
- Briefing and debriefing drivers etc.
- Chasing POD’s and raising/checking Manifests
- Completing all Transport Administration and Transport Customer Service.
Offering an immediate start! We require a TRANSPORT PLANNER who has gained experience of working within Transport Planning & Transport operations, who is immediately available for employment and possesses excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Route Planning
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job