Transport Planner Network
Responsible to: Transport Manager
Hours; 9am-7pm Monday to Friday
My client is a logistics company and is a multi user site
They are looking for an ongoing temporary Network Planner that can start immediately.
Although there is a possibility of a permanent role
Working with the transport team in our busy multi user transport site.
Liaising with, drivers and providing our customers with a first class service through effective planning of pallet network deliveries and adherence to regulations and processes.
Skills & Attributes:
- Experience of pallet network operations
- Excellent team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional, helpful & proactive manner
- Maths & English GCSE (or equivalent)
- Geographical knowledge
- Driving license
- Experience of transport planning
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent time management
- CPC is advantageous
- To ensure the customer receives a first class service in all communication.
- To demonstrate a keen eye whilst working under pressure.
- De-brief all drivers ensuring we keep a tight control on all aspects of the paperwork.
- Liaise with customers in a professional manner.
- To plan routes and deliveries in a cost effective way
- Proactive communication with delivery partners and customers
- Inputting work into the pallet network system
- Monitoring deliveries through the network
- Arranging third party collections
- Maintain a safe working environment by ensuring you comply with statutory law, company policy & health & safety guidelines
- Assist in the adherence to Drivers Hours Regulations in accordance with the working time directive.
- Work within a team of planners, administration staff & drivers, checking time sheets, licenses & qualifications are up to date.
- Assisting with the daily vehicle log, digital downloads, vehicle accidents, repairs, servicing, cleanliness & maintenance of fleet, ensuring all records are fully up to date & any relevant action is taken.
- Ensuring quotes, jobs & costings are entered correctly & in a timely manner onto the traffic management system.
- Ensuring drivers have correct paperwork for deliveries & are aware of any customer requirements
This could become a full time position
- Pallet network: 1 year (Required)
- Transport planning: 2 years (Required
Wilde Associates is working in the capacity of an Employment Agency for this vacancy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'