Logistics Control Centre Transport Planner
The Logistics Control Centre (LCC)Transport Planner executes first class services (e.g. transport management and requests & deviation management) according to joint and contractual agreements made with our customers. Working between 08:30 and 17:00, this role will be performed in the LCC (Logistics Control Centre) based at Donnington, coordinating shipments on behalf of the Ministry of Defence within the LCC.
As an expert in your field, this position requires you to execute a first class service, ensuring the daily execution of in scope services and interacting with the relevant stakeholders and customers.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Coordinate transport services for customer orders, using Oracle Transport Management system
- Schedule and create cost effective transport plans, making optimum use of own fleet of vehicles versus sub-contractor haulage
- Agree with logistics service providers to ensure on-time pick-up and delivery service in full
- Select transport modes, logistics service providers, considering the agreed selection parameters
- Manage ad-hoc transport requests and adjustments
- Organise special transport requests
- Manage drivers' daily schedules to maximise productivity and ensure costs are controlled
- Be the first line of support to queries
Your Skills and Experience
- Transport/planning knowledge and experience desirable / advantageous as is experience of Transport Management Systems
- Good proficiency in full suite of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Flexible working approach (may include shift patterns such as weekend and out of hours cover)
- Ability to understand and execute new processes - confidence in working with accounts and figures would be advantageous
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, written and over the phone - a strong customer service focus is essential to us
- Undergo security vetting in accordance with government policies
- Able to use own initiative and work unsupervised as well as within the wider team
Good reasons to Join
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you're rewarded for your commitment and expertise. What we will provide includes a competitive salary, 23 days holiday plus bank holidays (rising to 25 days after 5 years service), life assurance, private health insurance and a contributory Kuehne and Nagel pension plan. We also have a Route 2 Rewards scheme offering discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services
Any questions? Contact us directly at:
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'