Job Title: Transport Planner (Development Planning)
Salary: £28K - £40K
My Client has an exciting new vacancy and seeking an experienced Transport Planner or Senior Transport Planner based at their office in Nottingham. The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of planning process and be able to prepare Transport Assessments / Statements and Travel Plans. Experience in residential and commercial developments is essential for more experienced applicants.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting and in some cases leading the delivery of projects and providing technical contributions to our specialist Transport Planning team in preparing Transport Assessments/Statements and Travel Plans along with other outputs such as Parking Management Strategies, Town Centre Studies and Accessibility Planning analysis.
You will research and commission discrete tasks and data collection exercises, attend public consultation events, liaise with project delivery teams and clients, deputising for the Team Leader where necessary.
1. MSc or similar in Transport Planning, Civil Engineering or related discipline.
2. Member of CIHT, TPS (or equivalent body); chartered or working towards chartered status.
3. Proficient in the use of industry software; ARCADY, PICADY, LINSIG, TRICS and AutoCAD.
4. Industry Software TRACC, GIS, TRANSYT, VISSIM would be desirable.
5. IT literate; proficient in Microsoft Office.
6. Knowledge of the planning system (borough, local authority and national policy).
Skills & Abilities:
1. Relevant industry experience.
2. Understanding of highway design principles.
3. Strong report writing skills.
4. Excellent written and verbal communicator.
5. Excellent numeracy, communication, time management and organisational skills.
What do you do now?
If you would like to discuss this vacancy in confidence, then please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.