Up to £35,000 DOE
Providing exceptional mobile lifting services, our client is one of the UK’s leading independent mobile crane hire companies. They are now looking for a Transport Operator to join their team.
If you’re a highly-organised transport professional seeking your next move, this is a superb opportunity to join a successful independent business that is recognised as a leader in their sector.
With an ever-expanding fleet and growing customer base, our client’s Dagenham depot is the ideal place in which to develop your career. You’ll be recognised and rewarded for your hard work and provided with good career progression prospects.
As a Transport Operator, you will plan the day-to-day routing of our client’s transport jobs, striving to maximise efficiency and utilisation of resources.
Specifically, you will:
- Lead routing activities for STGO and oversize vehicle movements and ensure compliance with all safety policies and procedures
- Proactively source external work and provide a high quality service to customers
- Ensure full compliance with our client’s O licence requirements
- Make sure that Drivers complete their daily checks and comply with Tachograph laws
- Support the growth of the transportation division
Interested? To be considered, you’ll need:
- At least two years’ experience as a Transport Operator
- Extensive experience in the transport industry, ideally within the plant or Hiab sectors
- Knowledge of STGO and oversize loads, including routing and movement notifications
- An understanding of FORS, Crossrail and CLOCS and their standards
- Knowledge of Tachograph laws and regulations
Friendly and approachable, as a Transport Operator, you’ll have great communication and interpersonal skills. You’ll also be able to build positive working relationships and effectively prioritise your workload.
Ideally, you will have experience of working in the crane or construction industry, but this isn’t essential. A CPC would also be beneficial, as would a C+E licence.
To apply for the role of Transport Operator, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Transport Operator, Transport Planner, Route Planner, Logistics Planner, Logistics Operator, Route Planning Co-ordinator, Logistics Co-ordinator, Transportation, Traffic Operator, Traffic Planner.