Staffline are looking for a Transport Operator to join our team at their client's site in Goole. You will ensure that all transport related administration is completed as per the requirements of the site.
The main responsibilities are to ensure the smooth running of the transport department through the co-ordination of driver personnel, improving colleague communication and engagement. To administer transport records and statistics accurately, updating systems and ensuring compliance with transport legislation. To comply and adhere to Company policy and procedures and build a close working relationship with other internal departments. This is a demanding role and you will be working alongside our client within a busy transport office.
You will be required to work from 9AM to 6PM from Monday to Friday.
Main accountabilities to include but not be limited to:
- Plan, organise and control activities related to transportation
- Communicating with customers, sub-contractors and internal colleagues
- Data entry of transport statistics
- Adjustments to route and sub contract allocation
- Process, investigation and review of timesheets and PODs and input data into relevant systems
- Facilitate vehicle services and vehicle repairs
- Driver/Vehicle Management
- Trailer checks
- Sub contract load allocation
- Amendments to the routes through Fleet controller (paragon usage)
- Driver briefing and de briefing
- Fuel monitoring and key control
- Data down load and reporting of driver tachograph, including review of hours in line with WTD
- Tachograph and timesheet Control and Administration
- Maintaining and administering records on pallet movement, vehicle and trailer mileages
- Maintenance and compilation of reports and recording of KPI information
- Conducting return to work interviews with colleagues
- Carry out driver licence checks (own driver and agency driver) and audits as required
- Keep up to date with changes in legislation affecting the transport department
- Any other duty within the remit of the role as may reasonably be requested.
The ideal candidate will have the following skill base:
- Computer literate and competent with a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, good keyboard skills
- People management, communication, forward planning and negotiation skills
- Transport/Logistics experience in a fast paced environment
- Strong operational acumen with experience of administering KPI's, and statistics
- Up to date knowledge of health and safety regulations within a transport environment and proactive approach to improvements and process delivery
- Good attention to detail and reporting skills
- Effective and accurate communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to organise, delegate and work on own initiative within time driven environment
- Sound understanding of Transport and Warehousing operations
- Able to work effectively under pressure and make decisions
- Be able to maintain high levels of confidentiality at all times.
Full training will be provided.
What we offer;
- £8.30 per hour
Interviews will be held immediately
INTERESTED? APPLY NOW!
We look forward to hearing from you. ?
- Transport Administrator
- Transport Operator