Transport Operations Manager £40k to £45k North East Lincs
Grafton Recruitment are delighted to be partnering with a leading business in the North East Lincs area.
Within this role you will have sole responsibility for the effective day to day management of all of the transport operations and planning along with managing a team of Planners, Drivers, Sub contractors. You will have a passion for planning and understand how shipping and imports and exports work along with strong man management skills.
Duties to include
- Manage total transport operations and oversee warehouse operations
- Manage and oversee route planning operations
- Work with senior management to implement cost saving and process improvement strategies
- Manage deliveries in and out of the site
- Liaise and work with clients and customers of the business to manage their business needs
- Full responsibility of recruitment and training of the transport team
- Work with 3rd party firms to manage fleet maintenance
- Management of drivers
- Work with senior management to manage Transport & Warehouse budgets
- Monitoring the progress of the daily operation, taking into account all the legal requirements and those of the customer, to achieve the most cost-effective route and utilisation of vehicles and staff
- Ensure that all incoming calls are dealt with promptly, motivating staff as required and assisting the caller where possible, or passing to the relevant person.
- Ensure Health & Safety and legal requirements are being followed
- Monitoring compliance with the requirements governing the carriage of dangerous goods
- Preparation of management reports
- Attend meetings as required by the business, on-site and externally, to meet the demands of the business and that of our customers.
- Monitor emerging good practice trends and initiatives in the industry and adopt where appropriate
Transport Operations Manager Position Requirements
- Proven experience working in a similar role
- Transport Managers CPC - ideal
- Passion for Planning and an understanding of shipping, import, export
- Proven experience managing transport operations including compliance
- Excellent communication and personnel management skills
- Knowledge of warehouse and distribution operations
Transport Operations Manager Position Remuneration
- Salary DOE - £40 - £45k
- Performance related bonus on top of salary
- Monday - Friday position
- 28 days holiday including banks
- Company pension scheme enrolment
- Excellent and real career development opportunities
- Excellent working environment and atmosphere
- Real job security and proven staff retention
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'