We are looking for a dynamic Transport Operations Manager to lead our Dagenham Transport team. If you enjoy working in a fast paced transport function, please apply.
Fresh Direct is one of the UK’s top wholesale food suppliers, supplying the best restaurant brands on the high street. We’re looking to add to our team in a number of key areas and we need people who are passionate about the job they do, committed to developing strong working relationships across the business, and driven by the need to deliver nothing but the very best results.
Plus we are not alone, Fresh Direct is part of the Fresh Direct family, a set of specialist brands including M&J Seafood, Wild Harvest, Fresh Fayre and Fresh Kitchen. To top it off, the Fresh Direct family is proudly part of Sysco, the world’s largest food service supplier.
Scope of the Role
You will be responsible for the all activities for the Dagenham Transport function, managing a budget of £5m in an extremely fast paced transport environment. Leading a team of 2 and 63 drivers, the Bicester site delivers to our customers in the South.
The Transport Operations Manager will act as the lead person in creating the correct environment for our colleagues and ensuring the department is fully compliant and people are led in the right way.
Our key KPI’s are:
On time delivery service to our customers to reach 95% and achieve 100% on vehicle departure times.
All areas of the FTA vision tracker to be reporting a green status.
Deliver the budgeted numbers for all areas relating to transport costs.
- Leadership of the all transport shift staff and drivers in regards to performance, culture and engagement
- Ensuring the site compliance is up to date and legal records are up to date at all times including agency drivers through effective use of the FTA vision system.
- Meeting the businesses expectations in regards to the timely despatches of the route vehicles
- When and where route change requirements are needed they are done in a way which is the most efficient or relevant to meeting the business needs
- Completing systems required updating and ensuring the systems are being used correctly
- Compiling and completing business required KPI’s and management reporting tools
- Empowering, developing and supporting the team to develop and grow through training and providing opportunities to own and take responsibility for specific tasks
- CPC qualified (Essential)
- Must have held an O License
- Great leadership skills
- Resilient and Dynamic
- Being a role model and be responsible for setting and maintaining standards in service, cost, health & safety and compliance.
- Food Industry
- National CPC
- Transport Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'