Transport Operations Manager
£32,000 - £34,000 DOE Plus BUPA Medical Cash Plan, Pension, Life Assurance, 20 Days’ Holiday (rising with service)
Committed to sustainability, our client on a mission to reduce waste within the foodservice industry. They are now looking for a Transport Operations Manager to join their team.
This is a superb opportunity for a logistics professional with a great leadership style looking to take on a fresh, new challenge.
Our client has an amazing history of innovation and of making a difference to the way things are done and so they are looking for fresh-thinking individuals who are dedicated and understand our mission.
This ambitious company have always been making waves in their industry, from when they first built their recycling network to when they converted their fleet to use recycled fuel and opened their newest anaerobic digestion plant. There are even more innovations in our client’s future, so join them on their journey and find out how they plan to save their planet.
As the Transport Operations Manager, you will be tasked with overseeing the day-to-day running of our client’s Erith depot.
Specifically, you will provide support, development and assistance to the Drivers and support to the depot as a whole.
Your role will focus on health & safety aspects, safety procedures, fleet compliance, maintenance, training, compliance, administration and rounds.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will:
- Take responsibility for performing all activities in a safe manner and promoting health and safety through the depot
- Ensure all contactors have the correct permits and paperwork
- Make sure that daily vehicle checks are completed by Drivers and damage or defects are reported
- Assist with minor vehicle maintenance, such as bulb replacements
- Provide induction training, training evaluations and refresher training as required
- Ensure that working time checks, DQC and government licence checks are carried out
- Support all rounds, including Driver shortages, stock, loading and routes
- Complete all paperwork and IT systems for your work and that of the Drivers
So, is this the role for you? If so, you will need:
- Previous experience of delivering results in a logistics role
- Experience as a line manager
- A track record of applying driving hours, tachograph and working time regulations
- Experience of managing multi-drop routing
- Excellent administrative skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- A Transport Manager Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC)
As the Transport Operations Manager, you will have superb communication, leadership and motivational skills with a calm, methodical approach to your work. The ability to work under pressure is also essential.
To apply for the role of Transport Operations Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Transport Operations Manager, Depot Operations Manager, Logistics Operations Manager, Driver Manager, Depot Manager, Yard Manager, Delivery Operations Manager.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job