Transport Operations Manager
Next Distribution is one of the great success stories of British Retail. Our success is dependent on the expertise and passion of our teams across the UK.
We are at the cutting edge of Warehouse & Distribution so when we are looking for people to join our teams only the best of the best are ready to take on this challenging position.
Position: Transport Operations Manager
Location: South Elmsall, Pontefract
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 45 hours per week, Tuesday - Saturday 16.00 - 00.30.
About the role:
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for the following shift pattern: Tuesday - Saturday 16.00 - 00.30.
Working 40 hours per week, these hours attract an excellent night shift premium on top of your basic salary!
- Ensure our significant traffic operation runs smoothly, accurately and cost effectively 24 hours, 7 days per week
- Be a competent all-round distribution professional with strengths in transport planning and operational management
- Be directly responsible for leading the day / night operation consisting of a team of supervisors and drivers and process all associated activities related to people management
- Ensure all legal regulations are met to ensure that it does not affect the company’s ability to carry out its business
- Seek cost savings against budget, previous experience of this would be advantageous
- Manage yard activities in order to achieve the required high standards in all areas
- Take responsibility for all Health & Safety related activity and help to drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Have experience gained within a similar position in a retail and / or distribution environment operating at managerial level
- Be a strong people manager with previous experience of managing a team, coaching and developing team members and leading by example
- Have a proven ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels including handling difficult situations
- Possess a good knowledge of Road Transport Regulations and ensure that 'O’ Licence requirements are adhered to
- You must hold a National CPC licence and have a full UK Driving Licence to be considered for this position
You may have experience of the following: Transport Operations Manager, Logistics, Supply Chain, Transport Manager, CPC, Distribution, Planning, Scheduling, Operations Manager, Transportation etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.