Acorn Recruitment currently have an opportunity for a Transport Office Assistant to join their busy client in Port Talbot. You will be assisting the existing transport team, reporting to the Transport Supervisor. You will be required to provide team cover, support booking transport, data analysis - generating reports of shipping costs / service level / allocation of work to supplier (cost based) etc., obtain customer feedback and cover the Shipping Office Assistant role.
The main Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Organise the booking of transport vehicles in order to deliver the merchandise to all areas of interest, in accordance with the assigned aims in terms of cost-effectiveness and service level.
- Check the logistic suppliers' invoices and manage credit and debit notes.
- Support the Transport Office Supervisor in the systematic assessment of the quality in the transporters' service.
- Support the Transport Office Supervisor in negotiations with logistic suppliers according to the guidelines defined by the Group Logistics Director.
- Support the corporate departments requiring assistance on topics of distribution logistics.
- Guarantee the correct management of relevant processes in accordance with the group policies and procedures.
- Promote a safety-bound corporate culture.
- Apply the Corporate Principles and Values.
Job Specific Skills and Experience / Qualifications:
- Previous experience of working in a transport department is desirable.
- Ideally from a manufacturing / high transaction volume background.
- SAP knowledge advantageous.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Very good analytical skills.
- Ability to work in an organised manner.
- Good IT skills (specifically Excel).
- Good attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to work within a team to solve problems and issues.
- Good communication / telephone skills.
- Housekeeping and organisation skills.
Hours of work: 37.5 per week
Hours: Full Time - 08.30am to 16.30pm/09.00am to 17.00pm
Salary: To be advised
- Transport Office Assistant
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'