Do you have transport operations or waste industry experience? Are you a good administrator who's also well-organised, patient, a natural multi-tasker and resourceful? Does working in a busy office bring out the best in you?
We have a great opportunity for a Transport Office Administrator to join the team at our site in Ewelme near Wallingford, Oxfordshire. In return you’ll receive a competitive salary and attractive benefits, including:
- Discretionary bonus, payable annually and dependent on Company performance and profits.
- Pension scheme – auto-enrolment on your first day of employment. You contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less than this due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this. As a member of the scheme, from day one you’ll also receive life assurance cover to the value of two times your annual pensionable salary.
- Option to purchase additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period).
- Health Cash Plan to help you manage the cost of your everyday healthcare.
- Employee Assistance Programme – confidential and accessible 24/7.
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme.
- Discounted gym membership at participating gyms.
The Transport Office Administrator role
You will have to wear many 'hats': it's a varied job that includes carrying out daily essential admin tasks, liaising with drivers (basic payroll queries, sorting PPE, for example) and customers (passing on complaints and requests).
One minute you might be coding an invoice or taking minutes at a meeting, the next ensuring a clock card is issued to a new driver or recording data on a spreadsheet. Your interpersonal skills are as important as your computer skills.
What are the working hours?
This is a full-time job, working 42.5 hours per week, and as our Transport Office Administrator your hours will be 7.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
What we are looking for in our Transport Office Administrator:
- Ideally, transport operations or waste industry experience
- You’ll be adaptable - answering the phones and covering for the Transport Office Co-ordinators at lunchtime, for example
- Ability to think on your feet and use your initiative
- You have a good geographical knowledge of our Oxfordshire operating area
So, if you’d like to be part of a successful and growing company as our Transport Office Administrator then click apply!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'