Croma Vigilant is currently seeking Transport Marshals based at one of three sites in Edinburgh City Centre.
The main focus of this role will be to deliver excellence through establishing and enforcing robust security policies and procedures. As this is a customer facing role, customer experience should be at the heart of everything you do.
- Offer a safe waiting area until a taxi arrives
- Monitor taxi queues and report incidents of disorder or criminality to the police via radio link to CCTV
- Clearly establish a pick-up point and form the queue on that point
- Call taxis forward to pick-up point
- Advise drivers of any potential problems regarding passengers;
- Assist passengers entering taxis
- As well as supervising the ranks, Transport Marshals are to provide advice and assistance on alternative forms of public transport, including directions to the nearest night bus stops and train station; liaise with Police Scotland, the Council’s CMF and taxi drivers. You may also be required to gather statistical information, as requested.
The hours of work for this role are Friday & Saturday, 22:30 - 04:30
What we offer in return:
- Pay rate of £10.25 per hour
- Great working environment
- Full and ongoing training with a view for career development including opportunities to progress.
- Company uniform provided
- A commitment to providing first class customer service is essential
- Frontline Security Guarding or Door Supervision SIA licence is essential
- Fully comprehensive 5 year work/education history; including full company names, addresses and landline contact numbers.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong IT Literacy would be an advantage
- Reliable, with excellent time-management skills.
- Smart, well-groomed and confident.
- Conflict management aware
- Security systems knowledge
- First Aid training would be an advantage
Croma Vigilant cover a range of security related services including manned guarding, mobile patrols and keyholding.
We currently employ 1000 members of staff across the UK and cover a range of security related services including manned guarding, mobile patrols and keyholding. High standards are embedded in the DNA of the company and we pride ourselves on delivering seamless service to our clients. We currently have an annual turnover approaching £40 million per annum and a forecast for continued growth throughout the next five years.
We are Investors in People Gold accredited and believe that we are only as good as the people we employ, so staff welfare, support and development, is an absolute priority for us. We ensure our staff from the outset are given the skills required to be competent
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: £10.25 /hour
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: £10.25 /hour