As Transport Manager you will ensure the effective operation of the transport function, driving continuous improvements and further developing integrated transport solutions to deliver a premium and cost effective, compliant transport function..
Transport Manager Responsibilities:
• Ensuring the effective operation of the Transport function, creating efficiency through driving continuous improvements.
• Ensuring a cost effective transport infrastructure is always in place to satisfy the needs of the customer.
• Producing, agreeing and managing the Transport budget for the site and regional level.
• Overarching management of legal compliance.
• Managing agency driver suppliers and control of agency usage.
• Communicating throughout the transport operation and into the Head of Transport.
• Ensure that our moral responsibility of ensuring Health and Safety of our employees, and the protection of the environment remains a constant high priority. Health and Safety performance through processes of observations, reviews at each level of the business must be regularly discussed and debated.
• Strong leadership and direction so that communications of any legislation/law changes are adopted.
• Maintain data capture streams so that KPI Management can be achieved.
• Formulation of ongoing plans and actions to ensure business KPIs are continually improved on.
• Providing effective leadership and direction to the Transport team, working to tight deadlines.
• Reviewing fleet and driver performance, route planning, utilisation, and efficiency.
• Building team spirit and morale among the transport team..
Transport Manager Requirements:
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• CPC qualification is essential - International CPC qualification is desirable.
• Highly motivated with previous experience of managing a busy and time critical transport operation.
• Contract, Budget, Cost, KPI, and People management experience – strong leadership and motivational qualities.
• Demonstrable change management abilities, ability to work within an evolving organisation and challenge the status quo driving change in a business.
• Key influencer at all levels, pragmatic approach to problem solving - able to see the big picture and network view.
• Commercially focused and bottom line orientated.
• Consumer orientated and customer service driven.
• Experience of managing a fleet of vehicles from Vans through to C+E Licenced HGV's
• Detailed knowledge of transport planning and operations in a radial and direct delivery environment including inter depot trunk movements
• In depth knowledge of the application and benefits delivery of transport systems
• Good commercial knowledge of transport operations including experience of route planning and optimisation.
About Unipart Group Limited:
You may remember Unipart as the company that revolutionised the automotive parts industry in the 1970s. Unipart is a different company today with clients such as McLaren, Apple, Vodafone, BSkyB, Jaguar Land Rover and, the NHS. The Unipart Group is independent manufacturing, logistics and consultancy company that employs nearly 10,000 employees worldwide and has an annual turnover of more than £1 billion
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
Contract type: Full time, permanent
Salary: £36,000 to £42,000 per annum
You may have experience of the following: Transport Manager, Distribution Manager, Traffic Operations, Supply Chain, Fleet Manager, Fleet Management, Transport Operations Manager, Operations Manager, Logistics, etc.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'