Transport Manager required. Our client is a leading provider of warehousing and transportation solutions. Due to the continued success and profitable business wins our client is seeking an experienced Transport Manager to join the team.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will ensure that all procedures and continually appraised in order to utilise all vehicles and staff to achieve an efficient and cost effective operation. You will provide a professional service to a healthy base of customers, whilst meeting the budgeted profitability of the fleet.
Transport Manager Position Overview
- Ensure company compliance with all transport policies, legislation and procedures
- Develop the knowledge of the branch managers and dispatchers to ensure that the effective management of the operator licence requirements
- Efficiently manage the organisations drivers and dispatchers
- Identify operational issues, potential problems and opportunities to improve the service and efficiency of transport operations.
- Act as the final customer escalation point for any issues regarding driver performance, ensuring that customer relationships are maintained.
- Manage the contract haulier approval process
- Support the induction and training of new drivers and dispatchers
- Responsible for the transport related health and safety investigations
- Ensure that all transport fleet vehicles are properly maintained and serviced.
- Oversee all day to day duties of drivers and drop-offs.
Transport Manager Position Requirements
- Highly motivated individual with the desire to make a difference
- Proven track record in a similar role delivering continuous improvement
- Experience of advising and coaching on transport legislation and policies
- Leadership experience with excellent communication and influencing skills
- Ability to analyse data and provide reports
- Excellent organisation skills
- CPC holder
- Experience of multi-site operations would be desirable but not essential
- Strong IT skills
- Full clean driving license
Transport Manager Position Remuneration
- Salary £32,000 - £40,000 (Dependant on experience)
- 45 hrs per week, Monday - Friday
- 30 days' holiday, including bank
- Pension scheme
- Other company benefits to be discussed at interview
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.