Next Distribution is one of the great success stories of British Retail. Our success is dependent on the expertise and passion of our teams across the UK.
Position: Transport Manager
Location: Bristol (Commutable from Bath, Newport, Chippenham and surrounding areas)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week, 08.00 – 16.30 Sunday - Friday
Closing date:19th April 2018
About the role:
Working a shift pattern of 08.00 – 16.30 Sunday - Friday, in this ‘hands on’ role you will support the Regional Service Centre Manager to develop and manage all transport operations. This position also attracts an excellent Sunday shift premium on top of your basic salary!
- Ensure our significant traffic operation runs smoothly, accurately and cost effectively 24 hours, 7 days per week
- Maintain and promote company policies and values and create an environment which encourages team participation and ensures quality service at all times
- Ensure all legal regulations are met to ensure that it does not affect the company’s ability to carry out its business
- Seek cost savings against budget where appropriate and manage yard activities in order to achieve the required high standards in all areas
- Develop positive relationships with other members of the Management team and colleagues to promote a fun, fair and rewarding culture
- Have strong people management skills, leading by example, engaging with colleagues at all levels, and have experience in managing a team of 15+ direct managers
- Gained experience within a similar position within a retail and / or distribution environment at managerial level
- Demonstrate proven ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels including handling difficult situations, and be an experienced coaching manager
- Possess a good knowledge of Road Transport Regulations, hold a national CPC and ensure that ‘O’ Licence requirements are adhered to and have a full UK driving licence
You may have experience of the following: Transport Manager, Transport Operations Manager, Distribution Manager, Fleet Manager, Fleet Management, Operations Manager, Fleet Operations Manager, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.