Team Leader/Transport Manager
Working Schedule: Monday - Friday 42.5
Bunzl Greenham is a UK leading Safety and Workplace supplier, part of Bunzl plc, a global FTSE 100 company. With 22 Service Centres across the country, we are leaders in delivering trusted safety equipment, cleaning and hygiene products and workplace essentials to organisations nationwide.
• 28 days holiday (including bank holidays), increasing to 33 days after 5 years’ service, with an option of buying up to 5 days extra per year
• Company sick pay
• Bunzl Save as you Earn Sharesave Scheme
• Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
• Comprehensive Learning and Development
• Bunzl Personal Pension Plan
• Personal benefits for Theme park discounts, Childcare vouchers, Cycle to work scheme, Gym membership discounts, Cinema discounts etc.
To manage operational facilities and manage and develop all aspects of the transport function, in line with legal requirements and company standards of performance
• Develop a national distribution operation with cross dock and urban fleet profile, utilising outsourced solutions where financially/environmentally appropriate in order to satisfy customer demand. Manage company facilities in line with that profile and the requirements of the business continuity plan
• Manage the fleet profile to include numbers and types of vehicles, mileage and running costs in line with business requirements
• Ensure all vehicles and drivers conform to relevant health and safety and Road Traffic legislation
• Ensure that all Transport Co-ordinators and drivers are appropriately trained and qualified
• Ensure the process for route planning and vehicle loading is appropriate and suggest improvements where possible
• Advise management team on the interpretation and likely impact of developments in relevant legislation and best practice.
• Previous warehousing experience
• People management experience
• Demonstrates experience of managing a large fleet and driver workforce, with both national and urban distribution profiles
If you’re ready to work in a team environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job