Position: Transport Manager
Location: London (Wembley)
Customer: Imperial NHS Trust
Salary: Circa £45,000
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 23rd March 2018
For the role of Transport Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that you are responsible for leading the delivery of the day to day operational functions within the PTS Contract with Imperial NHS
Manage the transport supervisor team, Fleet assets of 150 vehicles, 160 drivers, and daily control function to ensure full road staff engagement, with responsibility and accountability within the team.
Ensure compliance to all legal / statutory and DHL policies.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
* Transport Function
* Fully responsible for all the direct employed road staff and their performance (including retention and recruitment) and to ensure our vehicles are legal and compliant, managing vehicle damage on a proactive basis.
* Line responsibility for c150 staff including drivers; team leaders & site supervisor. Develop and maintain good working relationships with all staff employed on the contract, ensuring proper induction training, ongoing training, staff development and engagement via regular briefings; driver forums; town hall meetings.
* Proactively manage the performance and productivity of drivers in line with KPI requirements.
* Support the annual budgeting process and manage the monthly financial benefit tracking processes
* Support the development of business cases for investments supporting reducing cost within operations
* Management of direct (SMEs) and dotted line reports
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
* Solid operational experience in a transport environment will be paramount. Knowledge of key operational metrics in a transport environment is critical
* Knowledge and previous experience of operating large multi shift transport operations. Good 'hands on' operator and people person with an ability to also step back from the day to day detail.
* Knowledge of DHL procedures would be an advantage, as would be previous experience of Patient Transport operations. However this is not essential.
* Excellent influencing and negotiation skills with experience of customer relationship management at a senior level.
* Strategic and analytical thinking capability with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* Operational credibility.
* Continuous improvement knowledge and experience.
* Educated to degree level or graduate calibre or having a minimum of 5 years' experience in Operational roles.
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL:
Facts and FiguresDivisionV7, SUPPLY CHAINEmployment TypePermanent Full-TimeBusiness UnitDHL Supply Chain UKContract TypePermanent (Full-Time)LocationLondonWorking HoursJob TypeWarehousing, Package Handling & DistributionShift RequirementDay time onlyCareer LevelSenior ManagersRelocation OfferedNoneResponsible forTravel RequiredBelow 50%Reports toContract ManagerTravel ExtentWithin regionTarget Hire Date22/03/2018Work Permit RequiredYes