DCG UK is an international logistics company, specialising in international, 3rd-party and freight forwarding business. Our Essex office are currently recruiting an experienced Transport Manager to oversee our UK and Asia transport markets and daily operations. The successful candidate will have excellent management skills as well as extensive experience in transport and logistics industry.
We are looking for a driven professional, who enjoys interacting with people and solving problems. The ideal candidate should have a clear knowledge and understanding about cost control with a keen eye on efficiency and value for money. Applicant who has established experience in managing a large number of client & supplier accounts as well as developing transport products would be highly desirable.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the transport team and supervise day-to-day activities to ensure the whole operations running smoothly. Update the training records on a regular basis, plan the optimum utilisation of staff and operation equipment, and co-ordinate maintenance activities to ensure least possible disruption to services.
- Provides leadership, motivation and trainings to support the transport planners and other team member to deliver the best results, in particular handing out customers and suppliers’ enquiries & e-mails in an efficiency manner; sorting out various issues between the DCG UK and our agents in China to ensure effective communication processes are established and maintained.
- Be confident in directing various transport/logistics related activities, such as planning & tracking containers/cargo movements, handling and storage of freight in transit, maximising the space utillisation, reviewing staffing and distribution expenditure to determine future distribution policies.
- Support the directors to ensure all the transport services are operated within the guidelines of the Law and local statutory obligations regarding working time legislation, operator licensing, the licensing of crews & transport equipment, the operational safety and efficiency of equipment, the insurance of vehicles, as well as the Health & Safety regulations, and etc..
- Responsible for budget control & cost management.
- Management of scheduling and planning of the transport operation, ensuring vehicle utilisation is maximised and service levels met.
- Be confident in negotiating new contract with Chinese agents, China-based e-commerce sellers (ie.: Amazon/Ebay and other online platforms).
- Be capable to travel China to meet potential customers and key accounts, introduce the Company’s services and negotiate contracts.
- Representing the DCG UK to attend various conferences and social events in the UK, Europe and Asia, developing new business relationships, as well as maintaining the existing customers & suppliers database.
- Monitor the existing suppliers’ performance level, create supplier’s performance report to the directors on an annual basis; seek to establish relationship with new key suppliers.
- Responsible for product development and improvement, ie.: e-commerce logistics service.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- Fluent in both Chinese (Mandarin) and English (verbal and written);
- Educated degree level or above;
- Proven experience in logistics industry is essential. Candidates with operation and/or sales related background would be desirable.
- Solid understanding of the transport operations, et.: familiar with each stage of operating the shipment from Far east to our customer’s warehouse.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills. A proven ability to open doors with suppliers and clients, communicate clearly with the transport/logistic agents in both the UK & China;
- Exellent social & leadership skills. Candidate with established client base would be highly desirable but not essential. Experienced in supervising and training junior team members. Excellent in decision-making, collaborating, communicating clearly and efficiently with other senior staffs in the company to achieve the common goals;
- Ability to deal with complexity, work independently with initiative, self-motivation and discipline;
- Proactive trouble-shooter; be able to identify issues and coordinate the resources necessary to resolve problems to the customers’ satisfaction;
- Ability to work in a cross cultural environment;
- Accustomed to extensive travel to pursue and close new business agreements
- Thinks broadly when seeking new ways to improve performance, products and services
The closing date for applications: 11/04/ 2018
- Import Export
- Freight Forwarding