Position: Transport Manager
Grade: RCS K
Salary: Up to £40,000
Contract Type: Permanent (Full Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 22nd March 2018
For the role of Transport Manager you will be responsible for reporting to the General Manager, your role will hold full accountability for service and delivery as well as strategic development of the Transport Department
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
* Implement and manage transport TMS
* Lead and develop the Transport Team
* Investigate / implement DHL initiatives through the Transport division to drive value for the Customer and DHL
* Network integration of store deliveries to optimise cost savings and unlock synergies
* Succession Planning
* Strategically deploy resource to ensure maximum service levels adherence with minimal cost impact
* Monitor and challenge performance levels across all sites
* Analysis of any special delivery requests and detail impact of changes to the Network and costing
* Look at achieving costs and efficiency for the customer and service
* Strategic fleet management and planning
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
* Proven track record of planning and forecasting
* Budget management and cost controls
* Transport Management experience
* Knowledge of transport regulations
* People Management
* Ability to balance conflicting priorities
* Experience of managing multi-drop deliveries in London and the Home Counties
* Educated to high school (secondary) standard
* CPC National/International
* Diploma / Certificate in Logistics
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL:
Facts and FiguresDivisionV7, SUPPLY CHAINEmployment TypePermanent Full-TimeBusiness UnitDHL Supply Chain UKContract TypePermanent (Full-Time) LocationReadingWorking HoursJob TypeWarehousing, Package Handling & DistributionShift RequirementNoneCareer LevelProfessionalsRelocation OfferedNoneResponsible forTravel RequiredBelow 25%Reports toGeneral Manager Travel ExtentWithin regionTarget Hire Date21/02/2018Work Permit RequiredYes