Our client, a long standing and reputable Oriental Food Service Company are currently looking to fill a position within their busy transport office department due to growth within the business.
THE JOB ROLE
Responsibilities will include;
• Plan and manage the performance and operational targets.
• Achieve cost and performance requirements by ensuring that there is a clear operational plan.
• Priorities are established and communicated and potential problems and risks are identified, evaluated communicated and addressed.
• Performance is continuously monitored and plans are refreshed accordingly.
• Ensure that performance and performance related issues are communicated to all relevant parties in a timely manner, including internal and external stakeholders.
• Investigate service and operational failures to ensure that appropriate changes are made.
• Identify, agree and implement innovative ways of improving performance, reducing cost, enhancing service, resolving conflicts etc.
• Record and report performance stats accurately and in a timely way; produce daily reports.
• Be conversant with and fully utilise all technological and system aids
• Provide support and assistance to other functions in order to ensure that the overall delivery operation is optimised.
• Ensure that the operational plan meets the constraints of driver hours’ legislation, including RTD and EU Driver’s legislation.
• Manage the relevant aspects of fuel and vehicle maintenance and mange the transport fleet, including costings and replacement programmes.
• Ensuing the accuracy of the picking and packing of products.
• Ensure that the workforce is competent, motivated, engaged and focused and that they perform effectively at all times.
• Day to day employee, internal and external customer relationships as well as the resolution of issues and conflicts. This specifically includes the effective management of external relationships with all customers.
• To engage and lead the transport team ensuring that the team is cohesive, clear about its purpose, motivated to perform and made aware of its results and those of the depot.
• Address non standard issues such as absences and punctuality of employees etc. in a fair, timely and reasonable manner in line with company procedure.Oversee all picking, packing and shipping of company's products
• Oversee quarterly inventory counts and reconciling with accounting. Develop warehouse operations policies and procedures and communicate this information to the team.
• Make decisions, problem solve, prioritize assignments and direct the workforce in an ever-changing, warehouse environment
• Work closely with team follow and develop good quality standards
• Implement efficient strategies in all aspects of warehouse transactions and related activities
• Undertake other reasonable duties as required - this may include participation in clearly defined business related projects etc.
EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENTS
• Good IT skills, particularly Excel, Outlook, Word and Power point.
• Good product knowledge required.
• Practical accounts background/experience within a manufacturing environment.
• Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal.
• A proactive, team player with good organisation skills.
• Represent the company at all times in a professional manner.
• Management skills essential.
• Required experience - transportation management: 5 years
For More Information Contact: Jacob Gordon / Permanent Recruitment Consultant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job