Type of role: Permanent
Salary: Up to £37,000 + Excellent Benefits
Hours: Monday – Saturday 6am to 4pm, 5 days of the week (No Sunday Work)
We are a fast growing business, with chains of restaurants and shops in London along with its division of wholesale food companies that supply the whole of Europe with quality fish and Japanese foods. The Organisation can truly claim to be at the heart of Oriental cuisine. We strive to provide our customers with only the finest quality – from expertly prepared sushi and sashimi to the freshest fish for wholesale and retail.
What does the role entail?
• Overseeing the dispatch / planning function to improve driver productivity and exceed customer expectations.
• Assist in resolving customer and supplier transport issues.
• Conduct driver training/inductions & assessments.
• Ensuring that we fully comply with all relevant legislation as set out by the DVSA
• Ensure the company complies with all statutory obligations (working time legislation, operator licensing, Health & Safety and quality)
• Review accident/incident investigations with team to prevent and reduce incidents.
• Ensure all vehicles are operated correctly and maintained, including servicing, MOT’s and accident repairs to ensure compliance and minimize any disruption caused by down-time
• Conduct regular auditing to ensure full compliance with vehicle management/servicing schedules
• Build strong working relationships with suppliers, ensuring an adequate supply of transport is available at the agreed rates.
• Regular liaison with internal departments such as HR, H&S, Finance and Sales
• Maintaining clear and concise communication with the HR Manager on driver performance
• Manage productivity and performance of all drivers
• Such other duties as requested by your line manager
In your new role as a Transport Manager working with us, you can expect to be challenged, as we will give you as much responsibility as you can handle. Reporting to the Director, the Transport Manager will be responsible for managing all transport related challenges.
Essential Requirements: What are we looking for?
We are we looking for dynamic individuals to join our fast paced and fast-growing organisation.
Experience dealing with drivers on a day to day basis
Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Good man-management experience
Demonstrable Transport Management experience
Flexible and professional approach
Must be eligible to work in the UK
Some important bits:
Minimum of 3 to 4 years’ experience of team management in a Transport and warehouse environment.
Previous budget experience
Detailed understanding of current transport related legislative requirements
Good knowledge of London & South East region
Please send your CV to email@example.com and I will contact you to discuss further
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business