Reference Number: req32675
We are the contract logistics partner of choice for logistics outsourcing and the management of complex supply chains. From point of origin to consumption, our dedicated staff design solutions that turn logistics operations from a challenge into a substantial competitive advantage.
Division/Business Unit Information
KN Drinks Logistics is a specialist drinks only service provision. With a client portfolio of internationally recognised brands, it is our mission to create profitable growth by becoming the partner of choice to the Drinks Industry.
Our commitment to building operational excellence through continuous improvement and developing our talented people is key to helping us deliver as promised.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Transport Manager has budget and management responsibility for ensuring the efficient and cost effective running of the KNDL Transport Operations. The successful candidate will need to have experience of direct customer management.
- Managing a number of Team / Support Managers, Transport Clerks & Drivers including all performance / absence management to a timely fashion.
- Working closely with the local Management team, to develop and maintain Best in Class Internal Customer Relations.
- Direct interface with the customer, and their respective subsidiaries, suppliers.
- Providing leadership and effective management within the team so that all objectives and targets are achieved.
- Management of all vehicles to legal requirements, ensuring timely maintenance to keep the fleet moving
- Ensuring effective communications are developed with and between departments, business streams and customers in order to meet objectives within prescribed timescale, attending daily, weekly, monthly and all Project work stream meetings as necessary.
- Coordinating and prioritising activity across the shifts and business streams to ensure customer service requirements
- Achieving department KPI's through effective use of resources and management of staff ensuring liaison within the NDC, other KNDL sites.Taking proactive approach to ensure grievance and disciplinary matters are resolved by adopting a consistent, fair and thorough approach and adhering to Health & Safety requirements to provide a safe working environment
Your skills and experience
- Logistics management experience in a fast moving, multi-customer environment
- Leadership qualities including the ability to enthuse and motivate
- Financial and strategic management experience and commercial awareness
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Drive, determination and a track record in delivering continuous improvement.
- A strong knowledge of Health & Safety at work
- Experience of managing a strong unionised work force
- People management experience
- Effective written and oral communication
- International CPC / O Licence holder desirable
About Kuehne + Nagel
Learn more >> With over 74,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job