Reference Number: GB06919
Kuehne + Nagel ('K+N') is a global transportation and logistics company. Under the Virgin Media contract, K+N manage Virgin Media's logistics through our NDC in Wellingborough, as well as 52 strategically located UK field stores. We provide Logistics services for all of Virgin Media's products - from mobile phones, broadband and TV equipment to network infrastructure - delivering directly to customers, VM & partner sites and business customers.
Reporting to the Contract Account Manager, this role has direct responsibility for the management of all Transport requirements on the Virgin Media contract.
Your tasks and responsibilities
* Responsible for ensuring all deliveries are achieved in line with SLAs and customer requirements
* Identify Transport resource requirements to ensure that all operational elements are in place-based on forecast activity, devising tactical plans to manage surpluses/shortages and changes
* The safe operation of all Transport activities across the entire contract, ensuring compliance with Transport legislation, H&S and safe systems of work
* Devise, maintain and review operational and financial KPIs to ensure the business and customer requirements are achieved
* Responsible for managing costs and performance in line with forecast/budget, ensuring appropriate measures are in place to control and measure budget variances
* Carry out regular briefings with the Transport Supervisors, Clerks and Drivers to ensure the flow of information and feedback across the Transport team is effective and aligned with strategy
* Overall responsibility for people management within the Transport function, ensuring high levels of engagement through good communication, regular 121s, training and development, and managing people in line with Kuehne + Nagel policies. Ensure both office-based and field-based colleagues work as one team
* Ensuring the POD and returns processes are fit for purpose and limit any potential financial exposure
* Work closely with the warehouse operation to ensure SLAs are achieved to manage the operation effectively
* Promote a culture of continuous improvement by ensuring operational reviews take place, including leading and supporting projects utilising the KNPS approach
Your skills and experience
* Excellent organisational ability and strong interpersonal skills
* Sound operational knowledge and experience - evidence of multi-site UK transport and distribution working best practices
* Excellent leadership, communication and influencing skills
* Must have CPC National or International
* Customer focused
* Demonstrate people development, motivational, communication and team skills
With over 70,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com.