Job Title: Transport Manager
Working on a dedicated, long term contract with our client, a leading company within the hospitality industry, we are looking for an experienced Transport Manager who has the energy, drive, and above all passion, to want to be part of this exciting, complex and fast moving team. The successful applicant will have extensive experience in managing a client's supply chain in a collaborative manner, and bringing significant value to us and our client.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Experienced leader with the ability to motivate staff and deliver results.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proven ability to develop and manage a high performing team.
- National or International CPC in National Road Haulage.
- Extensive Transport Management experience.
- Extensive experience of working with Trade Unions in an operational environment.
- Excellent working knowledge of Transport Routing & Scheduling.
- Excellent working knowledge of Transport Legislation.
- Experience of cost control and working within budgets.
- Experience of operating under an 'open book' accounting basis.
- Excellent IT & Communication skills
- H&S qualifications such as IOSH & NEBOSH are desirable.
- Ability to Influence at all levels.
- Experience of working in a customer facing role is desirable.
With more than 74,000 employees at 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based supply chain management.
Learn more >>