Extrastaff are currently recruiting a Transport Manager on behalf of our food distribution client based in West Drayton.
We are looking for a candidate with the following knowledge and skills:
- A background with logistics, and a knowledge in collection of goods and distribution.
- Expereince in Transport Management in the Food Distribution industry or FMCG environment.
- 7.5t license
- knowledge in dispatch, routing and tracking of transport
- knowledge in health and safety rules and regulations
Salary : £25000 - £28000
28 days holiday
- Management of 10 plus staff
- Managing transport service delivery operation to ensure successful delivery of customer orders
- To control all transport related costs; to ensure that the transport operation is legally compliant; to deliver excellent service for our customers; to lead and motivate a team of supervisors and drivers
- Managing transport operation to be legally compliant
- Ensure effective communication with internal departments resolving all operational issues
- Manage and motivate team of supervisors and drivers to deliver company's service, cost and compliance objectives
- Manage vehicle routing processes at minimum cost to successfully deliver customer requirements
- Ensure that the Company Health & Safety Policy and Company Risk Assessments are effectively implemented at site level.
- Transport technical and operational knowledge and experience; experience and ability to manage a large team of drivers in a fast-moving operational environment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job