We are currently recruiting a Transport Manager to run a very busy desk for a Transport and Logistics company.
This is a Temp to Perm role.
Candidates must have experience managing a team on a busy transport desk.
The role will include:
- Organisation and control of the transport resources ensuring the delivery of a high quality and cost efficient service to customers.
- Scheduling and planning of the transport operation, ensuring vehicle utilisation is maximised and services levels met
- Budget/Cost Management
- Implementing Compliance with company and local statutory obligations regarding working time legislation, operator licensing, health, safety and quality
- Ensure effective communication processes are established and maintained for both external/internal customers
- Ensuring that the transport performance consistently meets the contract requirements, in line with the agreed service strategy to their network, through optimising transport planning, technology, fleet utilisation and resource management;
- Managing all transport activities including the agreed business partners and contractors of the site to ensure that all budgetary and financial KPIs, legislative, legal and procedural compliance, and contractual commitments are met;
- Assisting in leading and developing a culture of continuous improvement to drive best-in-class activity and operational excellence, in line with performance objectives;
- Managing performance of the team and being responsible for service delivery Vendor relationship management Operational continuous improvement
The shift times of the operation are 6am-2pm and 2pm-10pm that work on a rotation basis, candidates should be able to work these hours.
Please apply with an up to date CV or call Romax Solutions and speak to Alisia or Holly.