Transport Manager -Night Position
The Bread Factory is an artisan bakery baking fresh sourdough breads and traditional pastries every day of the year for delivery to some of the finest cafes, restaurants and delis across London. We are in the midst of something of a revolution when it comes to good food and, in particular, real bread. As one of the leading artisan bakeries in London, The Bread Factory is at the forefront of that movement and we need more ambassadors!
Our Core Values
We value simplicity and hope that our staff enjoy themselves whilst working hard. We ask everyone to pull together, come up with great ideas and adapt to change in order to grow with the business for the future.
- Run an efficient and cost effective 110 driver Transport operation
- Provide the planning and training necessary to have a robust delivery team
- Maintain high standards of health and safety practices and excellent client interaction
- Maintain high standards of service to our customers
- Review Customer Care orders on a daily basis and plan deliveries accordingly
- Based on agreed expectations, recommend and manage operational and organisational changes in transportation (for example: route changes)
- Hire, train and review new drivers
- Work in collaboration with Customer Care team to ensure right orders are delivered on time and with Packing team for missing products
- Oversee quality checks
- Responsible for vehicle routine maintenance and legal operations of vans.
Key Performance Indicator (KPI)
- Packing mistakes reduced
- Insurance claims reduction
- Product quality at delivery point
- Cost vs. % of revenue
- Gross Wholesale Turnover
- Food Safety Accreditation
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Excellent leadership qualities
- Good problem solver
- Quick decision maker
We are looking for someone who has experience in leading a team of 100+ people.
Working hours: 5 nights out of 7
5 nights a week 42.5 hours per week
Working nights 23.00-08.00
Successful candidates have come from working in the following positions:
Transport Manager / Transport Assistant Manager / Transport Team Leader / Transport Officer / Transport Operations Manager / Operations Manager / Logistics Manager / Logistics Assistant Manager / Logistics Team Leader/ Transport Manager / General Manager
This role is commutable from Central London / North London / North West London / West London / South London / South East London / East London / North East London.
If you are interested in the Transport Manager position at The Bread Factory, apply below.
Job Type: Full-time
- Employee Engagement
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job