Responsible for leading and managing all aspects of warehousing, customer service, sales and transport/logistics operations. Reporting to the Managing Director, this is a senior management role responsible for delivering the strategic vision and direction of the business.
Role and Responsibilities:
• To take overall responsibility of the company’s warehouse, customer service, sales and transport/ logistics functions. • Develop strong relationships with key clients, contribute to our work transforming and challenging the way our clients operate.
• Improve and Implement processes to drive inventory accuracy, availability to customers and improve stock management.
• Lead teams through positive change to support business growth to ensure we’re delivering a full range of services, skills and experience to all of our clients.
• Analyse and lead continuous improvement across the business.
• Engage with employees to improve communication across the teams and drive productivity across departments.
• Develop methods to Improve On Time Delivery (OTD )to customers and engage with customers to improve processes.
• Completion of disciplinary processes, appraisals etc where applicable.
• To ensure the Company complies fully with all Department for Transport and Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency ( DVSA ) legislation and requirements;
• To take a proactive role in business development activities and strive for business improvements and cost reduction initiatives.
• Investigation and analysis of vehicle accidents, incidents, damage and driving/vehicle breeches.
• Analyse monthly insurance reports and identify trends, report on repeat offenders.
• Monitor and manage individual staff performance and provide coaching and training as well as deal effectively with any performance or disciplinary matters.
• The responsibility of a large profit and loss financial statement (P&L).
• Responsible for overseeing the delivery of projects on time, to cost and to quality.
• Ensure all systems, procedures and monitoring is in line with and carried out to FORS standards.
• And any other relevant duties as may be assigned. Essential
• Knowledge and skills to undertake fleet audits/ safety investigations/ incident and accident investigations
• Significant Experience and knowledge of transport regulations
• Able to Work Under Pressure, take ownership and solve problems promptly
• Able to evaluate complex factors and make decisions to maximise benefit
• Focussed approach and can do attitude
• Good communication skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels
• Strong experience of FORS Desirable
• Vehicle Engineering/ Mechanical Knowledge
• Good Leadership and motivational skills
• The ability to think logically
• The ability to work flexibly and make decisions quickly
• FORS Practitioner
• International CPC Transport Manager
• Full Car Licence and Class 2 LGV Preferred but not essential
Contact Stuart to apply or to ask any questions
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job