£33k + Bonus
Strive Supply Chain are a leading management recruitment consultancy, specialising in Supply Chain, Production, Planning, Logistics, Transport & Warehouse Operations, please visit our website at www.strive. co.uk or join us on twitter at twitter. com/strivellp for further vacancies and information.
Our client is a major distributor of FMCG goods. We are delighted to assist them in their search for an experienced Transport Manager to run a large fleet from their highest volume RDC near Halifax.
Reporting into the Site Manager, you will have full responsibility for delivering all strategic and operational goals of the transport & logistics operation. You will already have experience of managing a large and mixed fleet along with a large team of drivers in a similar, fast paced operation. You will also have full and current knowledge of all transport legislation and compliance.
- Effect smooth implementation of Company Policies, Practices and Procedures.
- Support the Site Manager with ensuring all Transport and Administration Staff, comply with all aspects of Legal and Company defined legislations and policies.
- Support the Group Fleet Manager with the Legal compliance regarding Tachograph and
vehicle maintenance across a large mixed fleet
- To implement fleet training requirements across the logistics network as required
- Achievement of pre-determined cost objectives and budget control.
- Delivery of routine KPI targets.
- Investigate delivery delays and error and take appropriate action to resolve.
- Ensure compliance across both vehicle and driver legislation at all times.
- Ensure accurate, orderly and efficient administration of the Transport Department at all
levels to VOSA and Company determined standards.
- Ensure relevant policies and procedures are followed to enable compliance with all laws and regulations applicable to the aspects of responsibility under the control of this role.
- Ensure a high level of H&S is adhered to at all times.
The ideal Candidate for Transport Manager:
- Previous Transport Management experience
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- CPC Holder would be desirable
- Up to date with the latest Transport legislation.
- Be a professional leader with inspirational, motivation and management skills.
- Be proactive and visualise the strategic wider picture.
This is a great opportunity to join one of the UK’s major Distribution success stories. APPLY NOW FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION.
- Fleet Management
- National CPC
- Legal Compliance
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'