The Transport Front Line Manager will manage the Transport Operation (Drivers / Transport planning) on a day to day basis, maintaining the highest customer services requirements and H&S standards at lowest delivery costs. The role will be based in Cheshire working on an any 5 from 7 (days) shift pattern.
A well recognised Logistics operation with a number of sites across the UK.
The role of the Transport Front Line Manager:
- Assign work to the drivers
- Maximising both vehicle and manpower utilisation. Follow up on actual driver & mate performance and take corrective action as required.
- To regularly review delivery routes to identify improvements to customer service whilst minimising costs of delivery.
- To complete processing of pick lists, despatch notes and load sheets in accordance with depot procedures
- Prepare driver tachographs for monthly analysis
- To ensure that all vehicles and associated equipment are operated in the appropriate and safe manner and check that all vehicles that have had defects, are actioned in a timely manner.
- Work within all Legal requirements of Drivers Hours & Working time Directives.
- To debrief all drivers on a daily basis checking that all paperwork has been returned and completed with in depot guide lines and to compile errors on a daily basis.
The Successful Transport Front Line Manager will have:
- Previous experience within a busy distribution/transport environment
- Experience of load planning (desirable)
- Knowledge Of EU Drivers Hours Regulations
- CPC National (Preferred but not essential)
- The ability to manage drivers effectively
- Experience within a multi-drop operation is preferred
Salary: Total Package £30,000 - £32,000
Hours: Any 5 from 7 1 x (5:30am - 14:30pm), 1 x (10:00am - 19:00pm)