An excellent opportunity for an experienced Transport Manager to join one of the market leaders in the food industry. You will become a key member of the logistics team, coordinating product deliveries and optimising labour utilisation.
- Working as a key part of a dynamic, face paced and interactive nightshift team, ensuring all company products are delivered in time and in full.
- Managing a team of drivers and administrators, taking responsibility for their health and safety.
- Achieving all relevant KPIs.
- Setting clear goals, communicating, consulting and motivating the shift team.
- Ensuring compliance with all Company policy, procedures and all aspects of transport law.
- Ensuring staff compliance with environment, health and safety and legal standards set internally and externally.
- Generating plans and streamlining the organisation in order to optimise labour utilisation and resources.
- Focus on recruitment, training and development of your team, ensuring all staff members possess the necessary skills, attributes and qualifications to carry out tasks to the highest standards.
- Work with other managers from other departments and sites to tackle common targets in an effective manner.
- Execute Continuous Improvement plans.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We're looking for a candidate that shows enthusiasm, initiative and has excellent communication skills. However, the following basic skills would be an advantage -
- Experience in transport logistics operations.
- CPC qualified or a candidate who shows the ability and enthusiasm to achieve this qualification.
- Strong IT skills, including a working ability with Word, PowerPoint and Excel spreadsheets.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to build close working relationships with employees, suppliers and customers.
- Developed numeracy and literacy skills.
- Previous experience in a management or leadership role preferable.
- Car drivers license - Essential.
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple tasks at the same time.
If this job is of interest and you would like to investigate further, apply TODAY!
"Kandhu Recruitment will consider all applications based on each candidate's suitability to the role or similar roles within the Food Sector and if we feel you are a relevant candidate we will process your application by adding you to our secure recruitment database and then contacting you to progress job opportunities further. We do not contact unsuitable applicants."
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'