Would you like the opportunity to work with some of the world’s largest brands? If so, read on…
DCS is the UK’s official sales and distribution company for P&G, Gillette, Unilever, Colgate, SC Johnson and moreandwe are looking to recruit a Transport Coordinator (10 month fixed-term contract to cover maternity) to join our team based in Banbury.In return, we are offering a competitive salary plus excellent company benefits.
What will you be doing as our Transport Coordinator?
Coordination of all Transport activities, working in a fast-paced environment as part of our transport team, which manages day-to-day planning though UK & Ireland. Plan workload effectively, communicating work to respective Hauliers in an accurate and timely manner. Manage delivery times and route planning throughout UK and Ireland. Dealing with our internal and external customers, arranging bookings, and resolving queries. Utilising computerised systems to request and confirm booking slots for customers, maintaining a high level of service and progressing Haulier Invoices.
Transport Coordinator Working Hours: 3 week rolling shift (08.00-16.00 / 08.30-16.30 / 09.00-17.00)
Your responsibilities will include:
Routing / Booking In:
- Receive all orders into the transport office via Vision
- Split orders according to their due date
- Route all orders each day, working around permanent bookings or pre-booked orders
- Call our customers to arrange/confirm a delivery slot
- Complete delivery details on the picking sheet. date, time and booking reference
- Batch stamp each load. Record drop sequence and vehicle type
- Completing booking in forms for relevant customers sending via email
- Arrange delivery via customer websites and online portals where relevant
- Negotiating dates and times with customers to make loads work
- Cancel and reschedule bookings
- Pulling orders as requested, adjusting Vision and returning orders to the relevant account handler
- Adhere strict deadlines for repack customers
- Enter load, date, time and vehicle type, drop sequence, DCS order number, destination, delivery time, pallet quantity, booking reference, haulier, cost, pallet type and LM/L&R
- Enter any additional instructions, if applicable
- Print delivery schedules upon request, email hauliers
- Add, amend or delete orders/loads on the delivery schedule
- Communicate all amendments to the Logistics Manager/Logistics Coordinator so they can adjust on Locator
- Check, collate and process all haulier Invoices
- Arrange deliveries for DCS Manufacturing
- Monitor and process any outstanding returns or uplifts, including driver discrepancies
What makes you our ideal Transport Coordinator?
- Excellent geographical knowledge of UK and Ireland with strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding telephone manner and computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be customer focused
- Resilient with the ability to adapt to fast changing customer demands and transport plans
- Good all-round organisation skills
- Ensure all activities relating to medicines and medical devices are in accordance with Good Distribution Practice of medicinal products
- Experience in a similar role would be a distinct advantage
DCS is a Top 250 private company in the UK – if you wish to be part of our expanding company which offers exciting opportunities for career progression, we look forward to hearing from you.
Click ‘Apply’ now to find out more about our Transport Coordinator position!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'