Our client based in South Tyneside are looking for an experienced transport co-ordinator to join their team.
- Plan and allocate daily workloads within the transport operation to meet customer requirements
- Ensure relevant documentation is prepared and completed for all transport activities
- Participate in the planning of drivers hours to ensure labour is used efficiently
- Ensure customs clearance has been obtained for containers as required
- Liaise with customers and ensure container release documentation is completed prior to delivery
- Ensure compliance with all transport and customer related procedures and report non-conformances to management
- Report and arrange repair with the maintenance suppliers trailer and vehicle defects
- Assist in the preparation of transport forecasts
- Price transport jobs, maintain and produce transport performance reports and key performance indicators (KPI’s)
- Maintain adequate working knowledge of the IT systems in order to perform the duties of the post effectively
- 5 or more GCE/GCSE at C or above including Maths and English or able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge / skills
- Proven track record in the effective planning and allocating of transport operations.
- Experience with computerised Transport Management Systems.
- Experience of dealing with a diverse customer base.
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships, both internally and externally
- Excellent IT skills, including MS Office
- Organisational skills and the ability to coordinate a range of duties and meet deadlines
- Customer focused and a responsive
- Approach that improves service delivery
Hours of work:
Monday to Friday:10 hours per day between the hours of 7.00 am and 6.00 pm inclusive of a 1 hour meal break.
Saturday: 8.00 am to 12 noon on a rota basis, as directed by the Company. (please note hours of work may vary to meet requirements of the position)
This position is initially for 6 months with the potential to going permanent for the right candidate.
- Key Performance Indicators