The role will be mainly administrative and based within the Shipping department. The successful candidate will be responsible for transport coordination with regards delivery of finished engines to customers worldwide.
This will be a dayshift role of 39 hours per week, however, as with all roles, the successful candidate must be flexible and willing to work overtime as and when required.
Responsibilities (this list is not exhaustive)
The successful candidate will use management systems to ensure that finished engines are received and shipped to meet customer requirements.
You will have responsibility for proactively coordinating transport to ensure orders are correctly received and shipped to schedules.
The post holder will manage transport, customer and supplier issues ensuring they are remedied in a timely fashion.
To achieve success you will be required to liaise directly with internal and external contacts across a wide range of departments and customers/suppliers.
Our client is an extremely target driven company and you will be expected to manage high risk items as part of your role which will require you to develop close relationships with internal and external customers alike; this will require a high standard of Customer Service Excellence.
Skills and Qualifications required:
• Must have a good command of English, both written and spoken; and excellent mathematical skills.
• The ideal candidate will have a background in warehousing and have excellent customer service skills.
• The ability to work to set deadlines, which can often be strict.
• Must be self-motivated and an effective team player.
• Must be enthusiastic and committed.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Have strong attention to detail and excellent organisational skills.
• Have a basic level IT skills (particularly Excel).
• Have a customer focused “can do” attitude, looking for solutions rather than dwelling on problems.
• Flexible approach to new tasks.
• Must have a confident approach.