Central Employment are currently looking for a Transport Administrator to work for a major logistics company based in South Shields
You will be assisting the Transport Co-ordinator in an effective administration and planning of all operations associated with the Pall-Ex transport operation.
The position will be for 12 months but could be longer and may in the longer term result in a permanent vacancy.
- Co-ordinate and plan vehicle routes for the deliveries and collections of customer’s cargo within the agreed timescales.
- Plan and allocate labour and resource to meet customer requirements and workload in conjunction with the Transport Co-ordinator to ensure the efficient use of resources.
- Provide general administrative support and handle general telephone enquiries.
- File correspondence, photocopying and perform other routine administrative tasks as required
- Carry out daily freight checks in the warehouse and record all discrepancies on the relevant computerised system.
- Input data onto the transport and supplier management systems, including downloads direct from customers.
- Preparing and ensuring correct documentation is available to and from drivers in respect of deliveries, collections, damages and returns.
- Liaising with customers, handling customer queries, maintaining records and assisting in the preparation of appropriate documentation
- Ensuring compliance with the pallet network track and trace facility including the scanning of freight and electronic signature capture.
- Advise Pallet network depots and record on the Pallet network system any failures, shortages or damages and advise the Senior Transport Co-ordinator
- Co- ordinate delivery requirements for van and special delivery/collection requests including recording and authorisation of purchase orders.
- Providing general traffic support during periods of absence and holidays.
- Assist in the production of daily and weekly subcontractor confirmations
- Ensure transport jobs entered onto transport management system are rated correctly as per agreed rate schedules
- Ensure compliance with the Port’s Health and Safety Policy and RIVO reporting systems
- Complete and maintain Port and customer KPI reports
- Complete and participate in any training and development needs as per company requirements
Monday to Friday: 8 hours per day between the hours of 7.00 am and 6.00 pm inclusive of a 1 hour meal break.
Saturday: 8.00 am to 12 noon on a rota basis, as directed by the Company.
Actual hours of work will vary to meet the requirements of the position.
This role is an immediate start so please apply online (attaching your CV) as soon as possible. Please be advised that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to each application individually, please be assured that we will contact all applicants selected for interview in due course. Central Employment are an equal opportunities Employer.
If you think this job is for you please apply to the role.
- Customer Queries
- General Administrative
- General Administrative Support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"