Would you like to work for an outstanding logistics company specialising in waste management and recycling?
Seeking a Transport Coordinator, to be part of a steady growing team. The successful applicant will have previous transport experience. You will be liaising with drivers/mates giving advice and instruction where necessary. You will also be working in partnership with the Sales team, the job holder will also be the first point of contact for both internal and external customers, ensuring a high level of customer service is provided.
This is a full time permanent position, £25,000 - £31,000 per anum. Monday - Friday 7.30 -5:00 and every other Saturday (half a day) based in Know Hill.
Roles and Responsibilities as a Transport Coordinator:
- Liaising with customers, both internal and external, in a professional and courteous manner always.
- Processing customer requests from initial order through to the invoicing stage. A
- Accurately recording and inputting data to ensure accurate invoicing and minimal customer queries.
- Assisting with the supervision of all transport employees, including keeping in contact with drivers throughout the day and ensuring a full and effective de-brief is completed, passing any identified actions to the relevant person or department.
- Proactively identifying and resolving potential operational service failures to minimise complaints.
- Preparing daily computerised drivers’ routes in an efficient and achievable manner to ensure maximum productivity and revenue.
- Ensuring effective and economic utilisation of vehicle fleet whilst customer needs are met.
- Liaising with the vehicle workshops and Fleet department to ascertain fleet availability for the forthcoming day/week.
- Arranging third-party transport and temporary staff as and when required.
- Assisting the Depot Operations Manager to ensure full compliance with the Company’s Operators Licence always.
- Assisting the Depot Operations Manager to ensure all transport operations are in accordance with documented Health and Safety procedures and not in contravention of any legislation and guidelines affecting the public and the environment.
- Keeping drivers/mates’ records, e.g. training, licences etc. up-to-date in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Deciphering and understanding digital and analogue tachographs, understanding Working Time Regulations and challenging all discrepancies where necessary.
- Downloading digital and analogue tachographs on a daily/weekly basis and reporting on any identified driving infringements.
- Downloading of digital vehicle units.
Qualifications required as a Transport Coordinator:
- Ideally 2 years’ office-based experience involving transport operations, or a sound knowledge of the waste industry.
- Ideally, a holder of an ADR licence or with knowledge of ADR regulations (where applicable).
- Ideally a holder of a Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC), or a willingness to gain accreditation.
- Ideally an LGV Licence holder.
- Full driving licence holder
If this fantastic Transport Coordinator position is of interest, why not click and apply today?
- National CPC
- Waste Management